Books

  • Anything by JM Coetzsee
  • Hans Christian Anderson
  • Major Pettigrews Last Stand
  • The world according to Garp

Monday 13 December 2010

Post Term and Renewal

I have been licking my wounds and cursing my Arrogance at thinking that I would pass the first unit of 1ST year with flying colours. Valuable lesson for me. I still feel that I do not really know where I went wrong and hope that I am able to ask and also to realise myself where I need to improve.

But on to the next project. Now that my studio is clean and my inspiration board is begging for more ideas. I read the course handbook on the requirements for next term's unit. Still not any closer to understanding.
What I am to understand is that we will be looking at lines, shiny things and antiques for our intro to weaving. I have thought about time lines, history lines and lines on our face.Train lines...journeys!

So I am in the library at uni looking at the WGSN website. Researching trends for the next year. I hit on Macrame, something I did at school and loved.It will be what we are all wearing this summer and I can see it is making tentative moves already in this season's knitware.

Timelines - journeys, stories and lines on old faces.... where have they been , what have their hands touched, much loved items and the stories of those items.. all come together and make our stories today to be passed on to our children. Recycle and re use. We have the time now. The recession has made us slow down and what an exciting time and opportunity for Design.

I am looking forward to going to London this weekend to visit some Museums and drink in some culture.
Plan is to look up some designers with regards to Weaving... Paul Smith( for the lines!!) and Missoni ... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment