Books

  • Anything by JM Coetzsee
  • Hans Christian Anderson
  • Major Pettigrews Last Stand
  • The world according to Garp

Friday 21 January 2011

Creative Process = Time

After a long time off and illness , I feel like I am seeing colour again. It made me ponder on the where's and how's of the creative process.
I remember my days singing, recording and composing. The creative process for my music was time. I could not keep working on one song and expect it to be "finished" after a couple of hours work. So Art I find is similar and , the break, although still out drawing and recording new experiences , has helped me refocus on the Stripes and Checks Project.
I would like to make my initial drawings stand up and protrude out.
What started off as buckl;es has now become country hedgerow gates.
I am weaving from sticks and stones found on the heath. with fine brown thread to resemble the ink marks I have made.
I am also knitting  tubes to be stuffed with natural yellow yarn and then cutting into them... Stuffing with wire to stand up and be modelled...

No comments:

Post a Comment